Matheson Gas: 1401 Stauffer Road
Upper Hanover Township, September 6, 2017: At 8:31 AM on Wednesday, September 6, 2017, East Greenville Fire Company was dispatched to Matheson Gas, 1401 Stauffer Road for a gas leak. Upon arrival, firefighters found a gas leak from a methane tank. The area was monitored using gas meters finding no gas evident at the border of the facility. Employees were evacuated from the facility upon arrival of the first fire fighters. Protective hose lines were set up and the leak was isolated and shut off. There was no estimate of the amount of gas involved and no dollar amount has been determined.
Additional personnel were called from Hereford Fire Company, Pennsburg Fire Company and the Montgomery County Hazmat Unit. The incident was placed under control at 10:09 AM and all companies were available at 10:40 AM.